PAVICS is a research platform dedicated to climate analysis and visualization. It bundles data search, analytics and visualization services. PAVICS is developped by Ouranos, CRIM and the birdhouse community and been funded by the CANARIE research software program.
To get a sense of what the platform can do, check out our JupyterLab environment.
We plan to build extensive documentation for PAVICS. We’re just getting started, but please provide your comments on our issue tracker.
- Notebooks and tutorials provides step by step instruction on how to use PAVICS. Start here to get a feeling of what can be done.
- Developer Documentation explains how to install and configure the various components and run system tests.
- System Architecture describes the individual components of the system and how they work together.
- Processes documents all available processes on the PAVICS platform.
- Graphical User Interface walks you through the components of the web browser frontend.
- Gridded Data Renderer
- Data Access Protocol
- ESGF DAP Access
- PAVICS catalog search
- Accessing PAVICS THREDDS Server
- Web Coverage Service - Accessing GeoMet data using owslib
- Web Feature Service - Accessing region countours saved on a GeoServer
- PAVICS Web Processing Services
- Working with owslib’s WMS interface
- Using Workflows
- Graphical User Interface
- Developer Documentation
- System Architecture
- Release notes