PAVICS is a research platform dedicated to climate analysis and visualization. It bundles data search, analytics and visualization services. PAVICS is developped by Ouranos, CRIM and the birdhouse community and been funded by the CANARIE research software program.
To get a sense of what the platform can do, check out our JupyterLab environment.
We plan to build extensive documentation for PAVICS. We’re just getting started, but please provide your comments on our issue tracker.
Developer Documentation explains how to install and configure the various components and run system tests.
System Architecture describes the individual components of the system and how they work together.
Processes documents all available processes on the PAVICS platform.
- Gridded Data Renderer
- Data Access Protocol
- ESGF DAP Access
- Accessing PAVICS THREDDS Server
- Analyzing the ClimEx Large Ensemble
- Creating maps of ClimEx fields
- Computing climate indicators
- Computing indices on weather forecasts
- Accessing and processing weather station data
- Web Coverage Service - Accessing GeoMet data using owslib
- Web Feature Service - Accessing region countours saved on a GeoServer
- PAVICS Web Processing Services
- Working with owslib’s WMS interface
- Regridding climate data with xESMF
- General workflow demonstration
- Deprecated Notebooks
- Optional Notebooks
- Projects using PAVICS
- Developer Documentation
- System Architecture
- Release notes